The Center for Prevention Workforce Development (CPWD) is a project of the Florida Certification Board funded by the Florida Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse Program Office. The Center serves Florida’s prevention professionals and the agencies that employ them through training, technical assistance and resource development.
The Center for Prevention Workforce Development is continually adding new courses in the FCB Online Education Platform (a separate website). For 2015, two new courses have been added so far, with two more in development. Access the course flyers below for full detail on each course.
- Released in April – Cultural & Linguistic Competence: Core Concepts and Individual Development Cultural & Linguistic Competence Flyer 2015
- Released in May – CRPS Certification Examination Review Course CRPS Cert. Exam Review Course
This Center has produced two earlier series of online courses for the Florida Department of Children and Families: 1) a series related to substance-exposed infants (created in 2013); and, 2) a series for child welfare professionals who work with families with substance use and/or mental health disorders (created in 2014).
For more information about these courses, click on the course title below to download the course flyers.
- Child Welfare Courses 1 & 2 – Understanding Behavioral Health Issues and Assessment and Identification of Substance-Related and Mental Health Disorders CW_Courses 1 & 2 Flyer
- Child Welfare Course 3 (now narrated) – Using Motivational Interviewing in Everyday Practice CW Course 3 Flyer
- Child Welfare Course 4 (now narrated) – The Impact of Parental Behavioral Health Disorders on Children CW Course 4 Flyer
- Child Welfare Course 5 – Developing a Comprehensive Response to Behavioral Health Issues CW Course 5 Flyer
- Child Welfare Course 6 – Supporting and Sustaining Recovery (narrated) CW Course 6 Flyer – Recovery
- Make the Link: Prevent Prenatal Substance Exposure (three courses are available – for nurses, for licensed clinical professionals, and for substance abuse/child welfare professionals. MakeTheLinkFlyer_2014
These courses are free and offer continuing education credits/contact and clock hours. The courses are available at the FCB Online Education Platform.