The FCB is pleased to offer the Child Protection Team Medical Provider (CPTMP) credential to eligible members of the Florida Department of Health’s Child Protection Teams. This program is approved by DOH to meet s. 39.303(3), Florida Statutes, which requires each DOH District Medical Director to obtain a subspecialist certification in child abuse from the American Board of Pediatrics or meet the minimum requirements established by a third-party credentialing entity, recognizing a demonstrated specialized competence in Child Abuse Pediatrics. DOH has expanded eligibility for this credential to specified members of Florida’s Child Protection Teams.
- Be employed in a DOH eligible CPT position at the time of application. All fees are paid by DOH. Do not submit fees to the FCB.
- Create an individual account in the FCB’s online certification system. Click here to access the system and create your account.
After you have created your account, STOP online activity. DO NOT APPLY online. To control for applicant eligibility and invoicing activities, the CPTMP application is manual. See Step 3, below.
- Complete Section 1 of the CPTMP Application and submit it to DOH per directions; DOH will complete Section 2 and submit the application to FCB on your behalf.
- Monitor your email (as entered in your profile — we STRONGLY recommend you use your primary personal email address and NOT your work email) for the examination registration and approval email from the FCB. This will include information on accessing the FCB’s online test site selection and registration protocols.
- You will not be able to register for the test until you receive the email from the FCB.
- You will be required to pay the $30 proctoring fee to the test site you select. The FCB will reimburse this fee within 30 days of receipt of a complete CPTMP Proctor Fee Refund Request.
- Refer to the following support documents, as necessary: CPTMP Candidate Guide; CPTMP FAQs; and CPTMP Detailed Exam Blueprint