The FCB does not require or promote any specific training or education provider for initial certification. However, the FCB does require certified professionals to earn continuing education units from an FCB recognized or approved education and training provider. Some providers hold approval from other entities recognized by the FCB, other training providers apply for and hold FCB Education and Training Provider Status.
FCB Recognized Education and Training Providers: The FCB will honor CEUs issued by any of the following providers:
- International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) member board approved providers.
- College or university coursework offered by institutions holding Federal Department of Education and/or Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) recognized accreditation.
- Training providers approved to offer CEUs by other state or national professional licensing or certification boards.
FCB Approved Education and Training Providers: The FCB will award FCB Education and Training Provider status and a number to entities seeking and earning FCB Education and Training Provider status. To find out more information about how to become an FCB Approved Education Provider, click here.
Find an FCB-Approved Education and Training Provider
An approved provider of continuing education is an individual or agency that conducts training accepted by the FCB for renewal purposes, and which reflects the current needs of our certified professionals. The FCB does not endorse or promote any specific training or education provider.
To find an FCB-Approved Education and Training Provider, start searching now.
FCB Online Course Offerings
The Florida Certification Board provides a number of online, self-paced courses through its Online Education Platform. Many of these courses are available at no cost and offer continuing education credit. Some of our most recent course series are:
- Three-part Cultural Competence Series — Cultural Awareness, Multicultural Counseling Competencies and Organizational Cultural Competence
- A six-course series on substance abuse and mental health issues for Child Welfare professionals
- Make the Link: Prevent Prenatal Substance Exposure courses – specialized courses for nurses, licensed clinicians and substance abuse and child welfare professionals
- Go to http://fcbonline-ed.mrooms3.net/ to view courses and register