The CBHCMS credential is for people who supervise others who provide direct behavioral health case management services to adults or children with serious mental health conditions, substance use disorders, and/or those whose involvement in the child welfare system requires behavioral health case management services.
The CBHCMS designates competency in the domains of Engagement and Assessment; Service Planning and Delivery; Coordination, Linkage and Monitoring; Documentation; Supervision; and Professional Responsibility.
CBHCMS applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field, however applicants who hold a Master’s degree or higher in a related field have reduced work experience requirements. Related fields are listed in the CBHCMS Standards and Requirements Tables. If your degree isn’t specifically listed as a related degree but you think your coursework makes your degree equivalent, you may request a Related Degree Equivalency Review.
CBHCMS Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before beginning your online application.
- CBHCMS On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CBHCMS Work Experience Verification Form
- CBHCMS Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CBHCMS Training Verification Form
- CBHCMS Single-Source Training Verification Form – only to be used if training is received from a FCB approved provider who offered the full 50 hours in one certificate.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.