CRPS Provisional Application Route
The CRPS-P application route is a temporary credential for individuals who have met the education and training requirements, but do not have the 500 hours of work or volunteer experience.
Individual’s holding the CRPS-P credential work under intensive supervision while gaining the experience necessary to hold the CRPS credential. The 500 hours must be earned before the CRPS-P expiration date (12-months from issue date). This credential cannot be renewed. Applicants may request an extension before the expiration date, please see the Provisional Extension Policy for further information.
CRPS Scholarship Program for 2022 – 2023 is Now Open
The scholarship program, granted through the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health, is open from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. Scholarship funds can be requested for applications, exams, renewals and reinstatements. A new Scholarship Application form is now available (August 2022) that is enabled for typing information directly into. Please read the Instructions for completing the Scholarship Application Form before beginning to use it.
Instructions for Completing the Scholarship Application Form
Please note the scholarship application is not the same as applying for the credential. If your scholarship is approved, you must apply for the credential online through your FCB account.
A provisional credential cannot be renewed. However, the expiration date of a provisional credential may be eligible for a one-time extension for cause (additional extensions will only be approved pending extraordinary circumstances). Each request is evaluated on its own merits. Please carefully review this document for policy and use the attached application.
CRPS Provisional Documents
Already Provisionally Certified
Click the link below for further information regarding how to upgrade your provisional credential to a full credential.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.