The CRSS credential is for people who work side-by-side with clinical staff to provide recovery support services to individuals with substance use conditions. CRSS applicants may or may not have lived experience as a person in recovery.
The CRSS designates competency in the domains of Recovery Management; Practical Living Skills and Social Development; Resource Linkage and Followup; Re-engagement, Crisis Support and Safety; and Professional Responsibilities.
CRSS applicants must hold a minimum of a high-school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
CRSS Scholarship is Now Available Effective 7/1/2020
The scholarship program previously granted through the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health is available for applications, exams, renewals and reinstatements. Funds for the contract beginning July 1, 2020 will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis and based on financial need.
Please note the scholarship application is not the same as applying for the credential. The credential must be applied for online through your FCB account.
Please complete and submit the CRPS or CRSS Scholarship Application for consideration.
CRSS Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CRSS On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CRSS Work Experience Verification Form
- CRSS Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CRSS Training Verification Form
How to Apply
- Create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee. (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- Applicants will not be approved to test until all components of the certification application have been approved.
- The credential is awarded after a passing score is earned on the exam.