The CRSS credential is for people who work side-by-side with clinical staff to provide recovery support services to individuals with substance use conditions. CRSS applicants may or may not have lived experience as a person in recovery.
The CRSS designates competency in the domains of Recovery Management; Practical Living Skills and Social Development; Resource Linkage and Followup; Re-engagement, Crisis Support and Safety; and Professional Responsibilities.
CRSS applicants must hold a minimum of a high-school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
CRSS Scholarship Program for 2021-2022 is Now Open
The scholarship program granted through the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health is open from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022 for applications, exams, renewals and reinstatements. A new Scholarship Application form is now available (October 2021) that is enabled for typing information directly into. Please read the Instructions for Completing the Scholarship Application Form before beginning to use it.
Instructions for Completing Scholarship Application
Please note the scholarship application is not the same as applying for the credential. If your scholarship is approved, you must apply for the credential online through your FCB account.
CRSS Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CRSS On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CRSS Work Experience Verification Form
- CRSS Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CRSS Training Verification Form
How to Apply
- Create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee. (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.