Online Course Offerings – Important Notice of Change
The Florida Certification Board is no longer offering the state-supported online course system. This system will be offered by the Florida Behavioral Health Association/Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association in the coming months.
After January 3, 2023, this system will be temporarily closed to the public while the system is transferred from FCB to the FBHA/FADAA. All courses and user data will be preserved on the existing system and will be available once the transfer is complete.
Baker Act & Marchman Act Webinars
The Florida Certification Board is hosting a series of webinars related to Florida’s Baker Act and Marchman Act. The handouts of the webinar presentations are available below. These archived webinars are for information only; no continuing education credits are provided for viewing these recorded webinars.
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 1 (presented June 16, 2020)
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 2 (presented on June 18, 2020)
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 3 (presented on June 23, 2020)
- Link to recorded webinar video (Note: there is an approximate 10 minute period with no audio about 40 minutes into the presentation when the presenter lost power. Please advance the video forward as the webinar did resume to conclusion).
- Introduction to the Marchman Act (presented on June 29, 2020)
PowerPoint Presentations from Webinars
On March 30, 2021, FCB offered a webinar entitled “Youth Suicide Prevention.” The PowerPoint presentation for the webinar can be accessed below.
PowerPoint – Youth Suicide Prevention
On June 3, 2021, FCB offered a webinar entitled “Care Coordination for Families with Infants Exposed to Substances: A Focus on Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome.” The PowerPoint presentation for the webinar can be accessed below.
PowerPoint – Care Coordination for Families with Infants Exposed to Substances: A Focus on Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
On June 22, 2021, FCB offered a webinar entitled “Care Coordination for Children with Behavioral Health Needs.” The PowerPoint presentation for the webinar can be accessed below.
PowerPoint – Care Coordination for Children with Behavioral Health Needs
Some online courses now have “Supervision Keys.” These documents are to be used by supervisors to reinforce course material in everyday practice. New Supervision Keys are added periodically. Below are the ones currently available.
- Supervision Key for Motivational Interviewing for Behavioral Health Professionals (2019)
- Supervision Key for Welcoming Services and Service Coordination for Women with Substance Use and/or Co-occurring Disorders
- Supervision Key for Understanding Behavioral Health Issues
- Supervision Key for Understanding and Working Effectively with Persons Who Inject Drugs
- Supervision Key for New Perspectives on Recovery
- Supervision Key for Creating a Culture of Engagement in Behavioral Health Services