Online Course Offerings
The Florida Certification Board provides a selection of online, self-paced courses through its Online Education Platform. This platform is on another website and requires learners to set up an account. This account is separate from the FCB certification-related account.
All courses on the FCB Online Education Platform are available at no cost and offer continuing education credit. Courses are added throughout the year. Here are the major course categories:
- Florida’s Baker Act and Marchman Act
- Behavioral Health Treatment and Recovery Support
- Child Welfare and Behavioral Health
- Peer Specialist Topics
- Cultural Competence Series
Click the button below to view and register for available courses.
Baker Act & Marchman Act Webinars
The Florida Certification Board is hosting a series of webinars related to Florida’s Baker Act and Marchman Act. The handouts of the webinar presentations are available below.
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 1 (presented June 16, 2020)
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 2 (presented on June 18, 2020)
- Introduction to the Baker Act – Part 3 (presented on June 23, 2020)
- Link to recorded webinar video (Note: there is an approximate 10 minute period with no audio about 40 minutes into the presentation when the presenter lost power. Please advance the video forward as the webinar did resume to conclusion).
- Introduction to the Marchman Act (presented on June 29, 2020)
Baker Act Frequently Asked Questions
The Florida Certification Board (under Contract LH290 with the Department of Children and Families) has updated some of the topic areas for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) surrounding the use of the Baker Act. Below are the state-approved FAQ documents to help support your work in this area.
- Involuntary Examinations
- Emergency Medical Conditions, EMTALA and Hospital Transfers
- Law Enforcement
Some online courses now have “Supervision Keys.” These documents are to be used by supervisors to reinforce course material in everyday practice. New Supervision Keys are added periodically. Below are the ones currently available.
- Supervision Key for Motivational Interviewing for Behavioral Health Professionals (2019)
- Supervision Key for Welcoming Services and Service Coordination for Women with Substance Use and/or Co-occurring Disorders
- Supervision Key for Understanding Behavioral Health Issues
- Supervision Key for Understanding and Working Effectively with Persons Who Inject Drugs
- Supervision Key for New Perspectives on Recovery
- Supervision Key for Creating a Culture of Engagement in Behavioral Health Services