Certified professionals must complete a minimum number of continuing education (CE) credits each year. Eligible CE credits are completed after renewal and before expiration. For example, if the credential expires on June 30th and requires 20 CE credits each year, the certified professional must complete eligible CE credits between July 1st and June 30th of the following year.
Please carefully review the Candidate Guide: Maintenance and Renewal for specific policies.
In general, eligible CEs meet the following requirements:
- offered by an FCB approved education and training provider.
- focused on content related to at least one of the performance domains of a credential.
- documented according to FCB requirements for your credential.
- taken during an eligible time frame.
FCB Approved Education and Training Providers
The FCB does not recommend or promote specific education or training providers, however, CE credits must be earned by a provider who is recognized by the FCB for CE purposes. The FCB will honor CEs issued by any of the following entities:
- International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) member board approved providers.
- College or university coursework offered by institutions holding Federal Department of Education and/or Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) recognized accreditation.
- Training providers approved to offer CE by other state or national professional licensing or certification boards.
- Agencies issued an FCB Approved Education and Training Provider number.
Click the button below to access a search-able list of FCB Approved Providers
Continuing Education Audit
The FCB conducts a CE Audit on approximately 5% of the certified population to ensure compliance with CE policy. If you are selected for CE Audit, please use this CE Audit Cover Sheet when you submit CE documentation.
Were you selected for a Continuing Education audit?
Click the appropriate button below to see if your name is listed.