The CMHP credential is for people who have advanced education and on-the job experience providing services to individuals with mental health conditions who are receiving services in inpatient or outpatient settings. The CMHP is an indicator of professional competency but does not grant practice rights under state statute or administrative code.
The CMHP designates competency in the domains of Assessment; Person Centered Service and Recovery Planning; Counseling; Service Coordination; and Professional Responsibilities.
CMHP applicants must hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field. Related fields are listed in the CMHP Standards and Requirements Tables. If you do not hold a degree that is specified but you believe your coursework makes your degree equivalent, you may request a Related Degree Equivalency Review.
CMHP Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CMHP On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CMHP Work Experience Verification Form
- CMHP Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CMHP Training Verification Form
- The CMHP credential does not require an exam.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay Certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been approved by the FCB.