The Registered Resiliency Advocate (RRA) credential demonstrates your commitment to supporting young people to build resiliency and thrive. Registered Resiliency Advocates have current experience working with young people and have taken the additional step to complete resiliency training and self-identify as a person who can be counted on to support children and youth.
The FCB’s resiliency credentials are focused on the skills necessary to help young people build resiliency and thrive despite their life challenges.
- Create an online account and RRA application.
- Pass a Level 2 background check.
- Hold a high school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
- Have current formal or informal, regular interaction with children and youth.
- Take 16 hours of resiliency-specific training. Eligible training was taken in the 5 years before application.
- Pay the application fee.
The online application captures your demographic information, educational background, current work or volunteer environment, and training. Be prepared to upload your degree and training files to the online application.
You will complete the RRA Verification of Training Form, gather training documentation (certificates, transcripts, etc.), and upload the documents to your RRA application.
You will provide the Verification of Supervised Work Experience form to your current supervisor. This person will complete the form and submit it directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all the credential documents before applying for certification.
- RRA Requirements Table
- RRA Supervised Work Experience Verification Form
- RRA Training Verification Form
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- You can expect to be contacted by your FCB Certification Specialist within 30 days of submitting your online application and fee payment.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.