The CCHW designation is an entry-level credential for front-line health workers who, by virtue of their trusted status in the community, serve as a liaison, link and intermediary between health services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery.
Examples of job titles that are considered to be Community Health Worker positions include but are not limited to Promotores(as) de Salud; Community Health Educator; Health Communicator; Outreach Worker; or Health Advocate.
Applicants in need of financial assistance may contact the Florida Community Health Worker Coalition for assistance. For English-speaking applicants, please call 850-888-2495 or Interesados que hablen español, pueden llamar al 305-243-8433.
The CCHW requires a minimum of a high school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CCHW Work Experience Verification Form
- CCHW Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CCHW Training Verification Form
- Coming Soon!
- Coming Soon!
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay the associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- Applicants will not be approved to test until all components of the certification application have been approved.
- The credential is awarded after a passing score is earned on the exam.