The CGAC credential is for people who provide services to individuals and family members of individuals with problematic or pathological gambling conditions.
The CGAC designates competency in the domains of Addiction Theories; Foundations of Problem and Pathological Gambling; Gambling Counseling Practice and Special Issues in Gambling; and Professional Responsibilities.
CGAC applicants must already hold an eligible license, an MCAP or CAP in good standing.
CGAC Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CGAC On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CGAC Work Experience Verification Form
- CGAC Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CGAC Training Verification Form
- Coming Soon!
- Coming Soon!
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay Certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been approved by the FCB.