The CBHT credential is for people who assist primary counselors and therapeutic staff by providing clinical support services to adults or children who are receiving treatment for substance use and/or mental health conditions in residential programs, in-patient settings or community based programs.
The CBHT designates competency in the domains of Foundations of Behavioral Health; Direct Care and Recovery Support; Conflict Resolution and Safety; and Professional Responsibility.
The CBHT credential is recognized for billable services under Florida’s State Medicaid Plan.
The CBHT requires a high school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
CBHT Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CBHT On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CBHT Work Experience Verification Form
- CBHT Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CBHT Training Verification Form
- Coming Soon!
- Coming Soon!
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay the associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- Applicants will not be approved to test until all components of the certification application have been approved.
- The credential is awarded after a passing score is earned on the exam.