The CBHT credential is for people who assist primary counselors and therapeutic staff by providing clinical support services to adults or children who are receiving treatment for substance use and/or mental health conditions in residential programs, in-patient settings or community based programs.
The CBHT designates competency in the domains of Foundations of Behavioral Health; Direct Care and Recovery Support; Conflict Resolution and Safety; and Professional Responsibility.
The CBHT credential is recognized for billable services under Florida’s State Medicaid Plan.
The CBHT requires a high school diploma, general equivalency degree or higher.
CBHT Application Documents
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CBHT On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CBHT Work Experience Verification Form
- CBHT Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CBHT Training Verification Form
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- You can expect to be contacted by your FCB Certification Specialist within 30 days of submitting your online application and fee payment.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.