CBHCM Provisional Application Route
The CBHCM-P application route is a temporary credential for individuals who have met the education and training requirements, but do not have 2,000 total hours of eligible related work experience BEFORE applying for certification.
Individual’s holding the CBHCM-P credential work under intensive supervision while gaining the experience necessary to hold the CBHCM credential. The 2,000 hours must be earned before the CBHCM-P expiration date (12-months from issue date). This credential cannot be renewed. Applicants may request an extension before the expiration date, please see the Provisional Extension Policy for further information.
A provisional credential cannot be renewed. However, the expiration date of a provisional credential may be eligible for a one-time extension for cause (additional extensions will only be approved pending extraordinary circumstances). Each request is evaluated on its own merits. Please carefully review this document for policy and use the attached application.
CBHCM Provisional Documents
- CBHCMP Training Verification Form
- CBHCMP Single-Source Training Verification Form – only to used if training is received from a FCB approved provider who offered the full 50 hours in one certificate
Already Provisionally Certified?
Click the link below for further information regarding how to upgrade your provisional credential to a full credential.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- During the grandparenting period, the requirement for the certification exam is waived.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.