Individuals who hold an eligible license can apply for the MCAP through a shortened process that recognizes competency indicators already demonstrated as part of the licensure process. When all FCB requirements are met, the MCAP credential is awarded.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
MCAP for Licensed Professionals Application Documents
- MCAP for LP Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- MCAP for LP Training Verification Form
- MCAP Training Self-Assessment and Test Preparation Guide
- The FCB offers study guides available for purchase on our Products page.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from your online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee.
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay the associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- Applicants will not be approved to test until all components of the certification application have been approved.
- The credential is awarded after a passing score is earned on the exam.