CPS Provisional Application Route
The CPS-P application route is a temporary credential for individuals who have met the education, training, and examination requirements, but do not have the 2,000 hours of work experience or the 120 hours of supervision.
Individual’s holding the CPS-P credential work under intensive supervision while gaining the experience necessary to hold the full CPS credential. The required work and supervision hours must be earned before the credential expiration date (12-months from issue date). This credential cannot be renewed. Applicants may request an extension before the expiration date, please see the Provisional Extension Policy for further information.
A provisional credential cannot be renewed. However, the expiration date of a provisional credential may be eligible for a one-time extension for cause (additional extensions will only be approved pending extraordinary circumstances). Each request is evaluated on its own merits. Please carefully review this document for policy and use the attached application.
CPS Provisional Documents
Already Provisionally Certified
Click the link below for further information regarding how to upgrade your provisional credential to a full credential.
How to Apply
- If you don’t already have one, create an online account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- The credential is awarded after all requirements have been submitted and approved.