The CRPS standard application route is for individuals who have met the education, training and work experience requirements BEFORE applying for certification. Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
CRPS Scholarship Available
The Florida Certification Board, through funding from the Florida Department of Children and Families, Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health (Contract #LH 290), is pleased to offer a scholarship program for certification-related fees for persons seeking initial certification, reinstatement, or renewal as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist.
Please complete the FCB CRPS or CRSS Scholarship Application BEFORE applying for initial certification or reinstatement of an inactive credential. If you have questions regarding the scholarship application or an application that has been submitted already, please contact the FCB office to inquire.
CRPS Standard Application Documents
Applying for certification is a multi-step process that requires you to submit information and supporting documentation directly to the FCB and to request documentation from other individuals, which they will need to submit directly to the FCB on your behalf.
Please carefully review all of the credential documents before applying for certification.
- CRPS On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form
- CRPS Work Experience Verification Form
- CRPS Professional Recommendation for Certification Form
- CRPS Training Verification Form
How to Apply
- Create an online account. Watch the “How To” for assistance creating your account.
- Create an electronic application for certification (from the online account).
- Complete all required fields of information.
- Upload required documents.
- Pay the certification fee. (unless under scholarship or contractual payment).
- Provide mandatory forms to eligible people to complete and submit to FCB on your behalf.
- Register for the exam and pay associated fees.
- Pass the exam.
- When the application fee is paid, the FCB assigns the record to a dedicated Certification Specialist, who will serve as the single point of contact for applicants throughout the certification process.
- Applicants will not be approved to test until all components of the certification application have been approved.
- The credential is awarded after a passing score is earned on the exam.