GRANDPARENTING PERIOD ENDING!
The FCB is accepting grandparenting applications for the Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) and Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager – Provisional status (CBHCM-P) through August 31, 2018.
What is it?
The Certified Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) credential is for people who provide direct behavioral health case management services to adults or children with serious mental health conditions, substance use disorders, and/or those whose involvement in the child welfare system requires behavioral health case management services.
A CBHCM has met the education, training, and experience requirements necessary to competently, professionally and ethically serve eligible recipients. For additional information, please review the BHCM Core Competencies and Exam Blueprint.
What do you do with it?
An individual holding a CBHCM is qualified to provide case management services, which are defined in section 394.4573(1)(b), Florida Statutes as “those direct services provided to a client in order to assess his or her needs, plan or arrange services, coordinate service providers, link the service system to a client, monitor service delivery, and evaluate patient outcomes to ensure the client is receiving the appropriate services.”
The CBHCM credential meets the certification requirement in s. 394.4573, F.S.
How to Apply
Individuals who apply for certification by August 31, 2018 must hold the full CBHCM or the CBHCM-S credential by January 1, 2019, or they will be required to meet on-the-job supervision requirements and earn a passing score on the CBHCM exam as a condition of certification.
Application is a multiple step process that requires you to:
- Create an online profile.
- Create an electronic application.
- Download, complete, and upload specified files to your online application within 30 days of starting.
- Download, complete, and provide specified files to other people to complete and submit to the FCB in support of your certification application.
Please carefully review all available resources before beginning the application process
Certification Application Routes
There are two pathways to earn the CBHCM credential:
- If you meet the education, work experience and training requirements, you are eligible to apply for full certification. Scroll to the Standard CBHCM Application Route section of this page for information and forms.
- If you meet the education and training requirements however do not have the required work experience, you must apply for the provisional certification. Scroll to the CBHCM Provisional Application Route section of this page for information and forms.
Standard CBHCM Application Route
The CBHCM application route is for individuals who have met the education, training and work experience requirements BEFORE applying for certification.
Before beginning the application process for the CBHCM credential, please download and carefully review the current version of the CBHCM Standards and Requirements Tables August 2018.
The CBHCM application is electronic. From your online account, click on APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION and select the Behavioral Health Case Manager (CBHCM) application link. Complete all sections of the application. Information entered into the application will save for 30 days. You may reopen the application to enter or update information and upload files for 30 days. You will pay the certification fee as the final step in submitting your electronic application. Your application will be assigned to a FCB certification specialist after the fee has been paid.
In addition to the electronic application, the following forms are mandatory. Please download and complete all the following forms:
- CBHCM On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form August 2018
- CBHCM Work Experience Verification Form August 2018
- CBHCM Recommendation for Certification Form August 2018
- CBHCM Training Verification Form August 2018
CBHCM Provisional Application Route
The CBHCM-P application route is for individuals who have met the education and training requirements, but do not have 2,000 total hours of eligible related work experience BEFORE applying for certification. Individual’s holding the CBHCM-P credential work under intensive supervision while gaining the experience necessary to hold the CBHCM credential. The 2,000 hours must be earned before the CBHCM-P expiration date (12-months from issue date).
Individuals seeking the CBHCM through the provisional route will:
- Apply for the CBHCM-P credential.
- Complete work experience requirements before the CBHCM-P credential expires.
- Apply for the CBHCM-P Upgrade before the provisional credential expires.
Before beginning the application process for the CBHCM-P credential, please download and carefully review the current version of the CBHCMP Standards and Requirements Tables August 2018.
The CBHCM-P and Upgrade applications are electronic. You MUST create a profile before submitting the CBHCM-P Application, supporting documents or fees.
All of the following forms are mandatory for the CBHCM-P and Upgrade applications. Please download and complete all the following forms:
CBHCM Provisional Forms:
CBHCM Provisional Forms:
- CBHCMP Upgrade On-the-Job Supervision Verification Form August 2018
- CBHCMP Upgrade Work Experience Verification Form August 2018
- CBHCMP Upgrade Recommendation for Certification Form August 2018
Become a BCHCM Approved Employeer